No products in the cart.
Proctor Waffle Makers
We have done a full customer review on the Proctor-Silex 26500Y Durable Belgian Waffle Baker. The Protor-Silex 26500Y Durable Belgian Waffle Baker makes waffles quickly and easily letting you know when they are ready. The unit does not take long to heat up so that the batter can be placed in it and hot, waffles take only minutes.
The grilling surface is nonstick allowing it to wipe clean easily with either a damp paper towel or sponge. Storage space limitations are accommodated by the ability to store the iron vertically or horizontally.
Overall Product Rating:
There were a total of two-hundred and ninety-eight Amazon reviews for the waffle maker giving it an average overall rating of four and a half out of five stars so we decided to take a closer look at it.
Proctor-Silex 26500Y Product Features & Specifications
- Quick and easy to use waffle iron
- Nonstick grilling surface
- Preheat/Ready indicator
- Compact, easy storage
- 11-1/4 Inch long by 8-1/5 inch wide by 4-1/4 inch high
Proctor-Silex 26500Y Negative Reviews:
We begin with the negative reviews. It’s not that we are pessimistic, only realistic.
The negative review considered to be the most helpful gave the 26500Y a rating of three out of five stars. Overall the reviewer was satisfied with the performance but found cleanup to be a bit difficult.
- The fact that the inside did not come out in order to be washed was a negative point to the reviewer who found that wiping it down while it was still hot was not an option.
- The unit does not stick but after cleaning the reviewer did not feel it was clean enough with the only option being to wipe it down while it is still in one piece instead of taking it apart to give it a thorough cleaning.
Another reviewer found that while it made nice plain waffles it did not perform as well as they liked when attempting to make fruit filled waffles. Another reviewer found that the iron plates were not in fact non-stick as claimed by the product description.
Proctor-Silex 26500Y Positive Reviews:
The positive review considered to be the most helpful gave the unit a rating of five out of five stars. The simple design was just what the reviewer expected and the unit was considerably easy to use.
- The time it took the reviewer to make the waffle batter was all the time the unit needed in order to heat up enough that it was ready for use.
- In four minutes the reviewer had hot waffles that were crisp outside while being moist and completely done on the inside.
- The fact they did not have to sue anything on the surface to prevent sticking was another plus to the reviewer. Eight years after purchase the unit was still working as well as when it was first purchased and as easy to clean as it had ever been.
Proctor-Silex 26500Y Conclusion:
Would we recommend the Proctor-Silex 26500Y Durable Belgian Waffle Baker from Proctor-Silex to consumers?
Yes, we would and here’s why.
The unit was easy to use and overall reviewers even those giving the unit a negative review were satisfied with the performance and the end result of the waffles made in the unit.
As a result, we can recommend the Proctor-Silex 26500Y to consumers that want a quick hot breakfast without a lot of hassle or clean up involved.